Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 31, 2011

DIY Week: Spookifying Our House

I don't go all out for Halloween, mostly because I'd rather decorate for a season rather than one day.  But I wanted to introduce a little of the day into our house.  So I let out some bats in our living room.  

First I grabbed some black construction paper and white chalk.  I got some rough inspiration from Google images and sketched away.



Then cut them out...


And pop them (with a sliver of tape) in your lamps!


They're fun with the lights off and then back on. 




Notice I also made a few paper pumpkins next to our living room table lamp.  I used the tutorial from House Bella (via Curbly).  If you decide to make some of these, make sure you use plenty of paper strips.  I found that even with the more strips I used, the pumpkins still unfolded pretty quickly from the shapes I tried to stick them in.

We also, of course, carved some pumpkins!  We had a few friends over for a little costume/pumpkin carving time this weekend.  We offered prizes for best costume:


Best pumpkin:


And best costume/pumpkin combination:


Mr. Great Indoors and I were zombirific, he a zombie killer and I a zombie.  Marital bliss, folks.  :-)


P.S.  I've got a how-to coming up on that fall-colored bunting behind us.

Even our zombies were in costume.




What were your costumes this year?  Did you carve any scary pumpkins to frighten away the ghosts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Won't you leave one?